3 Lb Cross Pein Hammer with 15" wooden handle
- 3lb. cross pein hammer (sometimes called a blacksmith hammer).
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Striking face is precision-machined with proper radius and chamfer (bevel), providing safer performance.
- Heat treated after machining for increased depth of hardness. (Turning after hardening looks more attractive (on competitor's tools) but leaves less depth.)
- Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- 15" American-made hickory handle, kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of handle length is removed during assembly.
- Meets or exceedsASME B107.54-2001.